Kabelbaumfertigung - About us
The company Kabelbaumfertigung Matthäus Nabe GmbH - KBF in short- is a mid-sized company that is privately owned.
The Nabe family has been directing the company since its founding as managing partners, in their second generation by now. While it was founded in 1990 by Matthäus and Pauline Nabe, Tobias has been integrated into the family business since 2011 as a further partner and successor.
The company headquarters of KBF are located in Berg im Gau. The small Upper-Bavarian municipality in the district Neuburg-Schrobenhausen impresses through its central location and great connection to customer sites and cities like Ingolstadt, Munich, Nuremberg, Stuttgart and Augsburg.
Thanks to the years of experience – especially in the automobile and commercial vehicle industry – KBF is known as a competent systems partner. Existing customer-supplier relationships across many years, in part since the company’s founding, reflect the resilience, continuity and reliability of KBF in these increasingly turbulent times of globalization. The following is an excerpt of our references >
KBF sees itself as a systems supplier in the segment cables and electrification of vehicles and machinery. The core competence at that is formed by the “all-round carefree package” from one source. Customer consultation, development and production of cable systems with maximum vertical integration in-house is a big plus. Presenting all production processes paired with flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths support our customers in maintaining increasingly shorter development cycles, start-up phases and delivery times. Acting quickly and mental flexibility are the things that distinguish us. Products have no restrictions regarding complexity and volume (number of units): whether initial sample of the own prototype construction, pilot series or series batches across year-long lifecycles with downstream spare-part supply, every demand can be satisfied. We advise, plan and produce... find out more >
To implement customer-specific solutions, KBF has access to a wide range of modern production machinery that meets the demands of large-series production across the board. In addition to the high-grade machinery, a team of roughly 130 motivated staff members for the planning, development, production, administration and service is available. Thanks to the internal coherence, the company and our clients benefit from our staff, who can contribute a maximum amount of experience thanks to long years of employment in the company and little fluctuation. They thus ensure that quality is supplied. KBF does justice to the high qualitative demands in the field of industrial cable harness production due to a practiced quality management system that is certified as per DIN EN ISO 9001:2015. Since 2000, KBF has consistently been authorized to “plan, manufacture, distribute and provide services for cable harnesses of all kind”.
Kabelbaumfertigung GmbH – Experience and quality since 1990
- 1990 | Founding of the company KATEK GmbH with the company headquarters in Berg im Gau by Matthäus Nabe. Start of production of sample cable harnesses for the automobile industry.
- 1991 | Expansion of the machinery and production increase
- 1993 | Rebranded into Kabelbaumfertigung Matthäus Nabe GmbH (KBF) and listed in the commercial register Neuburg
- 1995 | Completion of the new production hall and return to the founding site
- 2000 | Introduction of a quality management system / Certification according to the specifications of the norm E DIN EN ISO 9001: 1999-05
- 2004 | New construction and moved into the new business and production facilities in Berg im Gau - city district Siefhofen
- 2011 | Son Tobias Nabe joined the company as the future successor
- 2013 | Expansion of production capacities by 50 percent (increased sales volume, acquisition of new customers)
- 2018 | Tobias Nabe was appointed to managing partner of Kabelbaumfertigung Matthäus Nabe GmbH